Thursday 23 April 2009

I'm Still Here

It's been a while since I last blogged here, or anywhere for that matter. Life has, as it does from time to time, got in the way.

I haven't, however, given up on my zero waste mission and have continued to weigh my weekly landfill rubbish. It's averaged around 300g per week, which is above my target of 100g and leaves much room for improvement.

The chief obstacle to zero waste is lack of forward planning. If I work out what we are to eat in the coming week and plan my shopping trips carefully I end up buying less packaged food and producing more homemade meals. It's the days I have no idea what we are going to have for tea that I end up in Tescos buying ready meals.

So I'm going to be more organised.

4 comments:

Maisie said...

Nice to see you back Gai

Karin said...

Hello Gai, good luck on achieving zero waste. I hope your teens are more co-operative than mine. Although we've done some recycling all their lives they still make out they have no idea how it works.

Katy said...

Hi Gai, I have slipped on the blog front as well! I miss your posts. Maybe I can tempt you back with a meme?

just Gai said...

Thanks Katy. Missed you too. Thanks for the meme. Will tackle it at the weekend.