Saturday 14 January 2012

Freezer Roulette - Day Five

On Thursday I learnt my lesson for failing to label items before putting them in the freezer.  I removed two small containers which looked as if they both held bolognaise sauce.  However, once defrosted, I discovered that the smaller of them was in fact chilli.  Fortunately both of them went with pasta!

The project is on hold for a few days, mainly because I've not been cooking.  (We have been eating but it's my daughter and husband who've been in the kitchen.)  But also because most of the rest of what's in the freezer is either in single portions or requires more thought than I've had occasion to give it at the moment.  Still, as I hope to spend try and spend some time this weekend planning next week's meals in advance, I should be back on track on Monday.

Top of my list is what to do with the considerable quantity of puff pastry I seem to have accumulated over the years!  I was tempted by Paul Hollywood's sausage rolls which featured in the finals of The Great Sport Relief Bake Off, but they'll do nothing for my New Year 'intention' to shed a few pounds!  Hey ho.

No comments: