- plastic packaging from the Tesco's special offer ham I bought the other day
- plastic packaging from Tesco's mince from another special offer if I bought two - it must be my Scottish blood that makes me fall for it every time - tomorrow I must return to the butcher
- plastic Mini Cheddars packet from elder daughter's lunchbox - the younger one must have disposed of hers at school - three packets of crisps a week is a compromise between my younger daughter's wish to have one a day and mine to ban them altogether! - I buy them in multipacks but what I save in money I gain in plastic!
- toothpaste tube - I've heard that you can use baking soda but what about the fluoride? - I'll have to investigate further
- beer bottle cap
- plastic seal from plastic milk bottle
- small piece of sticky tape
- plastic lid from Coca Cola bottle
- plastic inner wrapper from Tesco's wholewheat cereal
I was out at a parents' meeting and, on the way home, I gave in to temptation and bought a bag of chips. They were wrapped in paper with a wooden fork but they also came with a small polystyrene tray. I felt terribly guilty but then I discovered that is just the right size to place under my bean sprouter to allow it to drain without wetting my work surface. Blushes spared!