I rarely throw leftover food away. It's packed in plastic containers (mostly saved from Chinese takeaways) and stored in the fridge. Cold meat is used for sandwiches. Rice and vegetables are used for stir fries (NB The official advice is that one should never reheat rice. However I have done so for years and never come to any harm. You must make your own mind up on the matter.) Bones are boiled up for stock. Puddings are reheated. Nothing is wasted.
For more ideas on how to reuse leftovers (plus a lot more besides) visit Love Food Hate Waste.
Now to today's bin:
- plastic bag from McCain's oven chips
- plastic wrapper from Asda pittas
- plastic seal from milk carton
- plastic lid from Tesco's soured cream carton
- plastic envelope from greetings card