Saturday 13 September 2008

Day 5

Not so much to report on today. A long day at work and no shopping has resulted in a fairly empty bin.
  • Plastic yoghurt pot and lid
  • 2 plastic spouts from Tetrapak juice cartons
  • Plastic Maltesers pouch

I had intended to make a batch of yoghurt using a thermos and Melanie Rimmer's recipe, but I left it too late and the tablespoonful of live yoghurt I'd left at the bottom of the pot had gone mouldy and had to be rinsed away down the sink.

I'm not sure whether or not I need to remove the plastic spouts from Tetrapak cartons. I've heard people say both. So, to play safe, I tear them out.

The Maltesers were the dregs of a pack I bought last time my daughter had friends for tea. They are gorgeous bashed up and sprinkled over vanilla ice cream. I used to be able to buy them in cardboard boxes but the last few times I've only been able to find them in pouches.

I went out for a curry with some friends from work. As I never manage to eat all of my meal I usually take the rest home where my younger daughter eats it for lunch the next day. I'd meant to take a plastic container but I left in such a hurry that I forgot to take it with me. Luckily I've been able to bring it home in recyclable containers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a successful day - well done! The curry sounds good and I'm pleased you managed to bring home the leftovers.

Have a great weekend,
mrs G x

Almost Mrs Average said...

Hi Gareth, sounds like you're doing well. I assume your carton recycling is organised for Tetra Pak. If so you'll be pleased to know that you don't have to remove the spout or the
lid.

See:

http://www.tetrapakrecycling.co.uk/tp_faqs_consumer.asp