A friend came round with her children. She very kindly bought me a packet of chocolate coated biscuits from Aldi. They're delicious but come in two layers of plastic. And her son's carton of juice, which can be recycled, came with a plastic straw encased in a plastic sheath, which can't. Does waste acquired from other people count?
And so to today's bin:
- plastic wrapping from Aldi spaghetti
- 4 more plastic windows from envelopes
- plastic inner wrapper from dried tarragon - another organic product letting itself down!
- 2 plastic inner wrappers from Ecover washing tablets - ditto above. We usually refill our washing liquids (for dishes and clothes) at Fresh and Wild. However it has just closed. Our alternative refill site is Windmill Hill City Farm, but the shop there was closed last week so we're using up what's in the cupboard.
- 2 plastic lids from shampoo/body wash bottles. These belong to my younger daughter. I have switched to solid shampoo from Lush and will look for a solid alternative to shower gel when I've finished using what's still in the cupboard.
- plastic seal from sunflower oil bottle
- 2 miscellaneous plastic lids
- plastic sheath from carton drink's straw - I don't know where the straw went!